Goals of All-OkMEA Children’s Chorus
- Provide an opportunity for exceptional music students to work with guest choral clinicians on challenging music and for an exciting choral experience with other students.
- Allow music teachers to observe and learn as the clinician works with the students and to share vocal pedagogy ideas with other teachers
- Provide an opportunity for students to perform children’s choral repertoire of excellent quality
Teacher and School Eligibility
- The teacher must be a current NAfME member.
- Music Teacher(s) may bring the following number of students based on the number of students participating in Circle the State with Song.
- Students who audition for the All-State choir are REQUIRED to participate in their Circle the State with Song festival
Policy Regarding OCDA:
Students who audition for both OkMEA Children’s All State Chorus and OCDA Junior High All State Chorus are no longer permitted to participate in both choirs. If selected for both Children’s and Junior High All State Choruses, the student will participate in Junior High chorus, and an alternate will be called for Children’s Chorus. Students who are bumped from Children’s to sing in Junior High will receive a refund of their audition fee.