Welcome to the OkMEA Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony page!
Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony Repertoire (through 2023)
Students must be a member in good standing of their high school music organization. They have to attend all rehearsals and performances of their OkMEA All-State organization and abide by the Rules of Conduct. Students must be eligible academically under OSSAA guidelines at the time of auditions and at the time of the festival.
Deadlines and Fees
First Deadline – September 16, 2023
– $20.00 per entry
Second Deadline – September 23, 2023
– $45.00 per entry
Emergency Deadline – Contact Band Chair
– $100.00 per entry
First Round – Saturday, November 4
Second Round – Saturday, December 2
*Contingency Date – Saturday, December 9
The bad weather contingency date (December 9) is only invoked by the OkMEA President. All students must audition on December 2 unless that audition date is cancelled.
All-State Registration Information
All High School students auditioning for All-State will need to be entered in G-TOMS.
The following districts are using G-TOMS for both district and All-State entries: NBDA, NDCA, and EDBDA
All other districts have their own system for district entries. All-State entries will still need to be completed in G-TOMS.
GTOMS Registration Information
- Go to G-TOMS to register as a director (Director Registration Video)
- Use the email address you prefer for communication throughout the All-State process
- As you are registering, you will be prompted to enter your NAfME membership number
- Your membership must remain current throughout the All-State process (through January)
- Messages will pop-up if your membership is about to expire or will expire during the All-State process
- Once you are registered with G-TOMS, you may enter your students individually OR send students the student link to complete their registration (Entry Procedures Video)
- Please note that a Parent/Guardian Name and email will be required for all students auditions for All-State
- Do NOT put your name and email address as the Parent/Guardian
- You have three options to pay for your entries–credit card, purchase order, or check (Payment Procedures Video)
- If you are paying by purchase order or check, save a picture of the check or PO to your computer
- You will be prompted to upload a picture of your check or PO when using these forms of payment
If paying by check, mail the physical check with your invoice to:
All-State Band Auditions
PO Box 886
Muskogee, OK 74402
There are 10 District Sites for First Round auditions. All Second Round auditions are held at Westmoore High School in December.
District Site Locations
District Audition Guidelines
Percussion Audition Procedures
Students should be prepared to play any of the etude, and sight read for district auditions. Scales will no longer be a required part of the district level audition. Students who audition in a finals only room will play scales, etudes, and sight-reading at the All-State audition. Scales do not have to be memorized. Students auditioning in a prelim room will play their required etudes and scales in the preliminary audition. If they advance to finals, they will only perform the etudes and sight-reading for their final All-State audition.
First Round Etudes
Four Mallet Etude
Second Round Etudes
Audition Etude Book Covers
Scale Sets (all instruments)
*Scales do not have to be memorized.
Any articulation is acceptable.
Other Important Information
- Scales will no longer be a required part of the district level audition. The scale requirement has been moved to December auditions. Scales do not have to be memorized. Students who audition in a finals only room will play scales, prepared etudes, and sight-reading during the course of their audition. Students auditioning in a prelim room will play their required etude cuts and scales in the preliminary audition. If they advance to finals, they will only perform the required etude cuts and sight-reading in their finals audition.
- Scales will now be titled using INSTRUMENT KEY rather than concert pitch. Please refer to the OkMEA website for PDF files of the current scale set for each instrument.
This change does not mean an individual district may not include scales as part of their audition process. They can include scales but it can have no bearing on whether a student does or does not advance to the December auditions. Please make this item a part of the discussion at your district’s fall business meeting.
The membership approved a motion to remove the “suggested” metronome markings for each etude. The All-State Committee will, if needed, provide guidance, particularly in the case of compound meters.
Please make plans now for both you and your staff to be available to serve in one of the over 300 roles that must be filled to facilitate a quality and rewarding audition process. It is not only the right thing to do, but is our professional responsibility.