- To ensure that every student in grades
K-12 receives a high-quality, sequential music education, provided by a certified music educator.
- To provide professional development for
pre-service and in-service music teachers.
- To create a better awareness of the value of music education.
- To recognize outstanding student musicians in Oklahoma through OkMEA All-State groups.
Directory of Officers
The OkMEA Board consists of:
– Executive Board
– Executive Director
– Oklahoma Music Editor and Web Administrator
– All-State Chairs
– Membership Chair
– Mentorship Chair
Click here to access the Directory.
There are several important dates/deadlines throughout the year.
– Audition Entry Deadlines
– Audition Dates
– Honor Group Application Deadline
– Honor Award Nomination Deadline
– Oklahoma Music Deadlines
– October Conference
– January Conference
Click here to access the Calendar.
Rules, Policies and Procedures
OkMEA has a governing Constitution and Bylaws as well as a set of Rules, Policies, and Procedures for All-State organizations and general operations.
Click here to access OkMEA’s governing documents.