Below is a link to the updated Rules and Regulations for the Choral Division. Wording changes (i.e. replacing CD with track, etc.) are notated in red. Items in purple are rule changes implemented by the OkMEA Executive Board. If you would like a copy of previous Chorus RPP to compare, please email the Choral VP.
- Fill out a Non-Traditional Voice Part Registration Form for each student
- Inform Brenda Mechling, Mixed Chorus Chair, by email of the non-traditional voice part selection.
- Scan your form and email to to Brenda Mechling as an attachment or deliver it to your Quad Chair at the first round audition site.
Completed forms must be received before the student attempts the first round audition.
If you have further questions, contact either:
School Entry Form – Before September 28
Schools must send a School Entry Form
with payment (PO or check) to:
All-OkMEA Chorus Entry
PO Box 886; Muskogee, OK 74402
Download the School Entry Form
Student Entry Form – Before September 28
Each school must also submit information for each student being entered on the Student Entry Form
Download Student Entry Form Instructions
Link to Student Entry Form
Emergency Entry Form – After September 28
Please download the Emergency Application, complete all information, and email a copy to the Mixed Chorus Chair and Choral Vice President. Print a completed copy to bring, with emergency audition fees, to the audition site and deliver directly to your Quad Chair.
Download the Emergency Audition Application
Deadlines and Fees
First Deadline – September 21, 2019
– $15.00 per student
– School Form must be postmarked by Sept 21
Second Deadline – September 28, 2019
– $45.00 per student
– School Form must be postmarked by Sept 28
Emergency Deadline – Contact Choral VP
– $100.00 per student
First Round – Saturday, November 2
Northwest (Enid High School)
– Ron Wallace and Paula Kiner
Northeast (Centennial MS in Broken Arrow)
– Mike Shimp
Southwest (Central Middle School in Lawton)
– Lacy West
Southeast (McAlester High School)
– Peggy Shelby
Click here to download the list of schools assigned to each quadrant
Second Round – Saturday, November 16
– University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond
– Kevin Zinn has produced the Rehearsal tracks that include pronunciation guides for foreign language pieces
Click here to download the Rehearsal Track Order Form
O Clap Your Hands – Ralph Vaughan Williams
Cantate Domino – Josu Elberdin
Aftonen – Hugo Alfven
Lay a Garland – Robert Pearsall
Ezekiel Saw ‘de Wheel – William Dawson
After Round Two auditions, the OkMEA Treble Chorus will be selected. Students will be required to learn new repertoire. Click here to access the Treble Chorus repertoire.