1. Listen to the recorded audition.
- Are there any additional noises or flaws in the recording?
- Possible clicks that may sound like the starting/stopping of the recording
- Humming of any kind
- The teacher or another student’s voice
- Intercom announcements
- Sound of a piano other than that on the audition CD
- If so, please re-record.
- Any of these sounds could be cause for an automatic disqualification if it interferes with the judges’ ability to accurately assess the recording.
- This does not include coughing or clearing of the throat by the student
2. Make sure your audition tracks are labeled with the student’s name, voice part (S, SM, AM, A), and track (vocalise, harmony, prepared song). EX: Katie Robertson-S-Vocalise
3. Make sure your audition tracks are in mp3 format.
4. Check to see that the Signature Form is complete with all FOUR signatures (teacher, student, parent, and administrator). Scan and/or take a picture of it to upload with the application.
5. Link your NAfME membership with your Opus profile. If you experience problems, contact the Children’s All-State Chairs.
6. Complete the online application, print your Children’s invoice from Opus, and then mail all fees (with your invoive) to the All-State Children’s Chorus Chair.
c/o Beth Polston
PO Box 9
Owasso, OK 74055