Purpose of COkMEA
The purpose of this organization is to provide opportunities for professional development through:
1. Promoting interaction between collegiate chapters of NAfME within the state of Oklahoma.
2. Promoting opportunities for members to become acquainted with leaders in music education.
3. Participation in regional, district, state, division and national conferences.
4. Sponsoring regional and state conventions.
5. Acquainting students with the privileges and responsibilities of the music education profession.
6. Encouraging members to continuously be informed of developments in music education through the use of professional journals, articles, and magazines.
President – Erin Epperly
Vice President – Jayden Goeringer
Past President – Drew Howard
Secretary – Milik Coffer
Editor – Jennah Applebaum
President – Julie Siberts (OU)
Vice President – Katrina Randolph (OU)
Editor – Valerie Gose (OCU)
Advisor – Marc Mueller
Officers are elected at the Winter Conference.
– Intercollegiate Concert (1:15pm)
Doubletree; Programs (2 people)
– Sound Checks (4:30pm)
Jazz Hall of Fame; Host Bands (1 person)
– General Session (9:00am)
Cox Center; Tickets and Programs (4 people)
*Pick up programs in the
store room at the Doubletree
– Luncheon (11:00am)
Doubletree; Seating (8 people)
– All-State Mixer (9:00pm)
Hyatt Regency (2 people)
– Jazz Concert (9:30am)
Jazz Hall of Fame; Programs (1 person)
Friday, January 20
Baxter’s Grill (Tulsa)
Open elections are nominated from the floor
Nominees give a one-minute platform
Vote for one office at a time
Twitter – @COkMEA