Purpose of COkMEA
The purpose of this organization is to provide opportunities for professional development through:
1. Promoting interaction between collegiate chapters of NAfME within the state of Oklahoma.
2. Promoting opportunities for members to become acquainted with leaders in music education.
3. Participation in regional, district, state, division and national conferences.
4. Sponsoring regional and state conventions.
5. Acquainting students with the privileges and responsibilities of the music education profession.
6. Encouraging members to continuously be informed of developments in music education through the use of professional journals, articles, and magazines.
President, Giorgia Patterson
Vice President, Amanda Bacon
Secretary, Ashton Barnes
Editor, Iris Ramirez
Advisor – Dr. Casey Gerber
Officers are elected at the Winter Conference.
OkMEA Collegiate Session
Friday, January 18 at 2:00pm
Friday, January 18 at 3:00pm
*Voting will occur during this meeting
Open elections are nominated from the floor
Nominees give a one-minute platform
Vote for one office at a time
Twitter – @COkMEA
Email – email@example.com